cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong/Outdated Information Regarding Broadband at Property

nomad1996
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I recently bought a property and it appears EE’s broadband checker is showing wrong information on the speeds available to it. It says the Max. Speeds are 150mbs, when I know it to be 900mbs. When checking Openreach and BT, it will say the Max. Speeds are 900mbs, so I don’t understand why there is a discrepancy here. Since EE’s broadband is powered by BT this seems to me even more bizarre. As I’m already on a 900mbs contract I do need to know how to proceed as I don’t want to incur an early termination fee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nomad1996

27 REPLIES 27
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@nomad1996  you don't say which checkers you have tried. 

Openreach's tends to give a what might be available, EE's include mobile as well as home broadband speeds.

To get a definitive result, enter your details in the BTW DSL Checker - ideally a phone number, if you can't find that use the address checker. Post the results hiding personal info if you are not sure.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

Hi Mustrum

The BTW DSL Checker you mentioned stipulates that its FTTP with a maximum of 350mbs. This is what Openreach and BT (and others) said was available on their websites before mid-August.

In mid-August however, not only was it Openreach and BT that changed their systems to say the Max. Speeds is 900mbs, but Zen, Sky, Vodafone et al. It’s only when I check EE’s broadband checker that it says it’s 150mbs. This tells me that EE’s database is outdated, and needs to be updated.

nomad1996

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Does it say that it is "WBC FTTP" or "FTTP on Demand"? It sounds that it is "FTTP on Demand" which is an older fibre line for businesses and can cost £1000's if not £10,000s to install.

It says WBC FTTP. I don’t know what that actually means though.

WBC FTTP (Fibre To The Premises) is what EE & most other ISPs call Full Fibre. You should be able to get it from EE.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

That is the correct FTTP , but can you please "Post the results hiding personal info" as @Mustrum asked including all the notes below the chart.

I think this is what Mustrum was referring to.I think this is what Mustrum was referring to.

IMG_9395.jpeg

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@nomad1996 The image is awaiting approval.