cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working from Home - MS Teams Calls - Camera freezing

gregharper
Visitor

Hello, 

As with most people these days, I am a big MS Teams user working from home Monday to Friday. When I am on a MS Teams call with my camera on, I am constantly being told that my camera has froze and I result to having to switch the camera off. 

I would like to know whether there is anything I can do to ensure I am getting the best service from my EE Router.

I have the router downstairs and it is wirelessly connected to a Wireless hub in my office which my 2 laptops are wired into. 

Can anyone suggest anything please? 

Thanks

Greg

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @gregharper  and welcome to the forum.

The way to get the best from your router would be to have your pc/laptop connected directly - to determine if it is wireless or your extender that is causing your problems.

Sight of your router stats, and the results from the BTW DSL checker will show if your line is up to a speed to make Teams calls. https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @gregharper 

In real terms you need a powerline adaptor kit to your office hub from your router ethernet port, or disable WiFi on your router and get a better WiFi access point. Your weakness is the WiFi on your free router. Just search the forums as it seems to be ok (occasionally) but most people have some issues especially with demanding applications such as teams. 

WiFi from the "free" routers isps give away is always rubbish.

I'm with Sky and I have 1200 Netgear powerline adaptor kit to my WiFi access point. I use teams on a tablet (on a camera stand) and is works a treat. If you work at home investing in better kit pays off especially when using numerous devices. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.