cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EETV frequently drops out or box switches off

DebenD
Explorer

Have recently purchased EE TV Full package and I rarely get to watch a full programme as it s always dropping out, freezing or switching the box off altogether. It’s not just the new channels - it’s all channels that have stopped working. Never had an issue before switching to EE TV. Don’t think I will be paying for this sh!te.

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenDev
EE Employee

You've mentioned "new channels" and "before switching". What did you have before? What triggered the change? Just an upgrade in package?

Also, how is your box connected to the internet? WiFi, cable, or powerline adapters?

I had BTTV with BT Sports (or TNT now). I added the full Sky package and in doing so was switched to EE Broadband and EETV Full package. It was the switchover that has triggered the problems but I don’t know what the root cause is. 
My box is connected directly to the Hub via Ethernet cable 

scottiejambo
Investigator
Investigator

I am interested in understanding a solution to this - getting pixel glitching when watching TV - along with the occasional freezing of picture - I too am hard wired  although via Mesh system (running as a Bridge). I too am getting to the point of cancellation. EE TV seems very buggy and not fit for purpose as of yet.