cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will EE Issue a Firmware Update to enable WPA-3 for EE Smart Hub?

Andyc999
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Everyone

Don't know if you've noticed that WPA-3 wireless security is now available in Windows 10 & 11, if you have compatable hardware.

This is obviously more secure than WPA-2, which is the most secure type of WiFi available on the smart hub with firmware version v0.06.01.08190-EE.

Does anyone know if EE plan to issue a firmware update for the smart hub to enable this feature, and is there any news regarding IPV-6?

I was told that IPV-6 would be enabled over 2 years ago, but it's still unavailable.

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. Don't hold your breath. There aren't that many routers supporting WPA3 anyway.
  2. Again, EE does not support IPv6 on its home BB network.

When EE decides to implement either of these, it will announce it & not before.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Then maybe they Should stop paying Kevin bacon to tell everyone they are the best at everything and implement the most up to date security settings to keep their customers safe and IPv6 because it’s a joke the amount of hurdles and get arounds I have to do to get it to work honestly their just a disgrace and soon as I find a decent alternative i will be throwing their equipment in the trash where it belongs 

@Owen7141   Like what hurdles ?   And EE can say that they are the best because it’s awarded to them not just because it can be said.