Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Controls in EE APP stuck on 'Installing update'

Crj1981
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

Hoping the community will be able to help me out. I installed my new Smart Hub Plus yesterday and I am trying to get into the WiFi controls from the EE App. I've been with EE for a number of years on full FTP. Signed a new deal the other day. Internet is working fine as expected through router. 

It's been stuck on Installing update for 24hours now. I'm connected to the actual router WiFi. All private browsing etc is switched off. Using iOS and tried with both iPhone15 pro and iPhone 12.

Router information; APP version 1.11.0, Firmware version:  R1. 2 9 . 0 - R - 9 5 0 3 0 6 - P R O D - 8 3 0 0 2

I've tried the following troubleshooting. 

1) Waited several hours, gets to end of progress bar. 

2) Re-installed the EE App several times and exactly the same issue occurs

3) Factory reset router and started process over and over again. 

Thanking you in advance for your help.

EE 500 FFTP • EE Smart Hub Plus
17 REPLIES 17
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Installing update to what? Router firmware or app?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

The EE App says;

"Installing update. It will take between 20minutes to 1 hour. The update will continue even if you close this page or leave the app. Don't restart your hub until the update is complete.

I'm assuming that it means the hub is updating. I know it did some form of update within the fist 30minutes as the hub re-booted itself.

Just spoken to tech support guys and although I'm with EE FTP at the moment they think it might be my new service hasn't activated yet. So need to wait another 24hours. Not sure if this is going to be the issue as surely the WiFi controls is about the router and not my service. The internet is fully working with the new router installed. 

Are you still having this problem? I've just had my full fibre upgraded today and I am getting the same issue.

Same! Would be great to hear how people resolved it. 

gtwr
Contributor
Contributor

It finally worked for me about 6 hours later when I had a text from EE saying my broadband is now up and running.

I’ve had that text but still can’t connect to Internet and won’t update. Very weird. I’ve asked for them to call me. 

Yep sadly so

They’ve just called and they activated the wrong port so all connected now. Just waiting for update, how long did yours take?

Thanks.

I'm in the same boat but official activation date is tomorrow so I will be patient 🙂