Wifi Disc

Scurry1
Explorer

I have just changed my router to Smart Hub Plus.  I wish to connect my EE disc extender to it but I am have difficulty pairing it.  I have tried bringing the two units in close proximity, going to factory reset and connecting with an LAN cable all to no avail.  Does anyone have the answer.  I bet its easy.

7 REPLIES 7
dulyngriffith
Investigator
Investigator

I’m having exactly the same problem. Tried it with the WPS button and an ethernet cable and reset it. Still won’t pair.  Contacted support - sending another smart wifi! I’m not confident that will solve the problem!

Scurry1
Explorer

Will you please advise me of the result once you have installed the new router, but I am with you I do not think it will work.  Here's hoping.

Should arrive here on Monday 🤞

 You might find this useful.   As the EE smart disk isn’t listed I’ll say no it’s not compatible at all.    

IMG_1832.png

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Nobody mentioned "EE smart disk" just an EE disc extender which is what the EE Smart WiFi Plus is.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks Chris B. That’s very helpful. Even though I have the Smart Hub Plus (3.1), according to their system I have a Smart Hub (2.0)! That’s why the wrong extender is sent. Tech help are unable to change the system, they have to raise a ‘job’.as the people who can change it don’t ‘talk to customers’! I will, eventually, get the Smart Wifi Plus but without your help I would still be going round in circles. Thanks again.

Hi. See my response to Chris B on this feed. I think you have the same problem- you have a Smart Hub Plus but on their systems you have the Smart Hub. What they’ve been sending is not compatible with your hub. Contact them but be prepared for a long call! The table that Chris B posted explains it all. Good luck.