cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connects and hybrid connects are they needed ?

JJK73
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there I hope you can help and sorry if it’s long.

Basically I called EE up to sort out my sim only deal with EE and the lady dealing with me  said that because my BT broadband was finishing soon she could do me a deal with new EE broadband to replace BT and a new sim deal so I took her up on this deal. Now to cut a long story short the sim deal was no good and I had to call back to cancel and upgrade to another deal because the lady said I could keep my number but i could only by upgrading basically she was talking rubbish. Then today I’ve had a load of stuff turn up for the broadband that will start on Sunday but there is a smart hub a hybrid connect and smart WiFi plus here.

I just spoke to EE to double check about my service starting because the lady was useless and I wanted to double check and it turns out I am paying extra for two of these things and my question is I live in a very small home and do you feel I would need all of these or would I be better cancelling and get a deal without the hybrid connect or the smart WiFi plus and would just the smart hub be enough because I live in a small two bed bungalow and obviously if it’s not needed I need to save all the money I can.

sorry it’s long and thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JJK73 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

When you placed the order for Broadband, did the guide advise the Hybrid Connect would be needed at your home address? 

Our EE Smart Hybrid Connect, page has information that may help determine if this is needed 🙂 

Leanne.

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@JJK73   the question to ask is do you have these things with your current service?

Then would you find extra WiFi coverage useful?

And do you need extra availability from your broadband - do you work at home for example?

If not to either then perhaps you should cancel the extra services you seem to have signed up for and take a little more time before signing for things you do not need.

Hi Leanne thanks for your reply

I wasn’t told anything about it I have been advised so badly what with the SIM card problem but  I’ve  now spoke to someone from EE who said I don’t need it so I’ve cancelled my order and am waiting for them to call me back but it’s taken two days so far.

I totally agree but it’s  a bit hard when I don’t know anything about it in the first place