cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Controls in EE App still broken for me and lack of control on hub

Coupec
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Still no WiFi controls through the app, really getting fed up now it’s just been one problem after another. I’m also getting sick of how little control there is over the hub, I have a device that isn’t playing nice with the channel it’s assigned but there is absolutely no way to change it from what I can tell which is a joke, it means my device is effectively useless all because you won’t give the user any kind of control?The lack of DNS settings as well, I’m getting to the point I’m going to cancel under consumer rights because I’m not getting the service that was advertised. I shouldn’t have to be spending hours on the phone and internet to try and make our broadband usable, that is by no way an exaggeration. I’ve spent hours. Im honestly starting to feel I’d be better off with a City Fibre provider that is cheaper and you buy your own router. If I’m wrong about the channels please tell me and as for the app I’m not the only one is there an ETA on fixes?

19 REPLIES 19
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Coupec

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing this. 

I have sent you a private message for more details. 

Speak soon, 

Katie

PT93
Investigator
Investigator

@Coupec Have you had any joy in solving this? I’ve had the same issue since joining the broadband and spoken to several people with the only solution being to “wait” with no eta and having operators promising to call back with a solution with not a single call back. 

Coupec
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Nope nothing as of yet, had problem after problem and they don’t seem to be in a rush to sort anything. Worst experience I’ve had to date with a broadband provider.

Same here and spoken to someone else today again and being told I have to wait till Friday now and then to call back again if no solution (which I’m not holding my breath on). Been waiting over 3 weeks now and being told the same thing and my issue has gone through their “offline team” multiple times now who apparently are running a few days behind. A few days behind shouldn't equate to 3 weeks now :/. Been told multiple things from it being due to apparently the BT and EE merge, and many more excuses but no solution as of yet.

Neil-O

@Coupec & @PT93 When you log in to the EE app and select wifi controls are you getting an error message or bouncing balls? If you are, please can you try a reboot of your Hub and try again in 24 hours, let me know if that helps?

To optimise your wifi

1.Log into the EE app

2.On the Dashboard, click WiFi Controls

3.This should show you the health check indicators for your Smart Hub

The Wi-Fi Enhancer feature is a separate add-on that requires a subscription unless you have the 1.6Gb plan.  

Thanks

Neil

Coupec
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

IMG_1791.png

 Hi, this is not the only software issue I’ve been facing this is actually the 4th or 5th and so far none have been resolved by your team. I’m still waiting on my hybrid connect to be removed and sent back, I’ve meant to have someone call me but weeks have gone by nothing and now I have a bill for it which I assure you I won’t be paying. I’m giving everything till after Christmas if none of it is resolved I’ll be exercising my consumer rights and leaving. Your WiFi extenders are the worst I have ever seen and I work in tech with extensive networking experience so trust me when I say it. As for the app, it’s clearly a bloody disaster made worse by the fact all your set up instructions tell you to use it. This should not be issues end users are facing and can only imagine how bad this is for someone that doesn’t know what they are doing. You guys seriously need to look into all of this and how it’s been handled, all I ever hear is how much you guys focus on customer service and yet you have been by far the worst I have ever dealt with. Like I’ve spent in the region of about 6-7 hours now on the phone and trying to get my service to work as advertised, it’s still not. Am I going to be paid for my time? So far I’ve had £10 off my bill which I’m sorry it’s a joke. I’m just beyond fed up now.

Not to hijack this thread but no this is not an error solved by restarting router (which i have done many times).

On the app I get this message:

We can't load this information

Not your fault, it's ours. Try again or give it another go later.”

And on the website under manage broadband tab I get this message:

This service isn’t working right now

We’re working hard to get it up and running. Try again later, visit our website or get in touch if it’s urgent.”

This has been the case for 3 weeks now and multiple times calling and speaking to several different advisors

John-C

Hi @Coupec and @PT93 sorry that you're having trouble with the wifi controls and EE app. I've sent you both a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for help with these issues.

Cheers

John

Hi I have been getting this since installation of my new EE busiest household service on 24th November, even better is that my legacy EE account has been deleted and my package still shows as 1gb fast fibre package.  Have spoken to several customer service guides who all say it's a known issue and will be resolved in a week to which it isn't so I call again. Its useless having a fantastic speed Internet connection that you cannot manage at all, my 3 months free is due to end soon then I'll be expected to pay £70 for this, its a joke. Not even being told when it will be resolved. I wish I had left when I had the chance.