cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Controls not Working

a5hah
Visitor

Hi, got my broadband installed on 30th Nov. I could access WiFi controls on the EE app. 4th Dec I added the WiFi enhancer add on which can be access through the WiFi controls menu but the enhancer won’t load. I was told to wait 48 hrs. After that period till to date I get the error which I have attached. It’s saying I can’t access WiFi controls because I’m not connected to WiFi even though I am. Please help. EE phone customer service is just running me in circles. I have the smart hub plus. 

IMG_0917.png

10 REPLIES 10
Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @a5hah and thank you for posting!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with your EE Wi-fi controls.  I appreciate the time you have taken to reach out to our guides in the helpdesk for support.  We can pick up from here and help you out until this is all sorted out.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Hoptoit666
Visitor

My wifi enhancer controls game mode not working in the EE app. Any idea when it will get fixed as I am paying for the service they have said I will receive a refund but still very frustrating is anybody else getting the same problem

@Hoptoit666  : Nor are they for many other BB users. Just search this BB forum.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Daniel-S

Hi @Hoptoit666,

I'm sorry to see that it's not working for you.

We'll need to get it looked into for you as EE guides.

I've sent you a private message that you can reply back to my team through.

Thank you

Daniel-S

Mine arnt working either and I really need to change the controls 

Glynton
Investigator
Investigator

Adding my name to this issue, another one of the many issues I’ve had moving to EE from BT. 

Since I got the package back in Early October, I have not had any access to the WiFi controls. Sometimes it says “Can’t save this change” sometimes it tries to automatically install a Firmware update and fails, most recently it just says “sorry not on home WiFi right now”. Tried restarting, redownloading the EE app, etc. etc. 

Robbie-Mac

Good evening @Steve1878 & @Glynton

Thank you for your posts.  I am sorry you guys are also having some problems with your Wi-fi controls.

I have sent each of you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you.

Thanks,

Robbie

Mr_Farmer_Giles
Explorer

I’ve been trying to add WiFi enhancer for nearly 2 weeks but apparently the systems are faulty and EE can’t add it for some reason. Guessing I might be dodging a bullet based on these forum posts. 

David-M

Hi @Mr_Farmer_Giles and thanks for the post.

I'll take a look at this for you if you wish. Just check your inbox for my message and drop me over the details.

Chers

David