cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Account Information

11am
Explorer

Hi, a bit of an odd situation here. EE aren't able to link my existing mobile account to my new Broadband package, so I'm unable to see any information relating to my Broadband.

Whilst this wouldn't be an issue normally, I've a series of issues with EE when starting my Broadband which has resulted in compensation by the way of bill credit and I wish to see if this has actually been applied.

I've phoned multiple times to get it sorted, but nobody knows what to do and I'm about 3 weeks in to the contract.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@11am Being only 3 weeks into the contract, you have not had any real billing as yet, if you are paying by DD then look at the bank, you probably paid the full initial amount, do not understand when you call CS, pass all the security and if you asked them what is my current bill at, and please send me an e-mail of it now or tell me on the phone what you expect me to pay next month. Credits do take time to filter through. Would be more concerned about not able to see when you log onto your EE id for broadband. Account linking issues appear to be one of the main problems that EE have.... Just glad i don't have that issue, can see, broadband / multiple mobiles all on EE with one Username id and password. They must have got it all right when i joined 6 weeks ago now. But another few weeks before i see the real billing details to compare.

Hi @JimM11, thanks for your reply.

As we pay in advance,  I wanted to see if any credits had been applied. It seems they haven't unfortunately. 

One of the original issues was that I was never sent any welcome email,  I had to phone to ask for somebody to send it. It seems that when I was asked to switch from BT to EE, the customer service representative input my email address wrong so I never received a thing.

Ultimately my experience has been awful and I just want to see what's going on.

Glad everything is working well for you, hopefully things sort themselves out my end.

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@11am When someone get's the e-mail address wrong, and this is for many companies i does seem to be one of the hardest things to get sorted out, some just don't like to even have the same address, was one of the things i did with EE, went to the shop and said, if i have to get multiple's for broadband/mobile then going else were, and get it right first time i don't want any issue's cannot afford the time for all the corrections. Good luck trying to get yours sorted.... 

flyingfudge
Explorer

Exactly the same scenario as yourself.  With FTTC I was with EE and when FTTP was available in our area I had to transfer to BT as I wanted to keep my landline. At end of contract 2 years later I renewed ( March 2024 ) with BT but they transferred me to EE with various promises that didn't get honoured and resulted in them overcharging my account.

They've now billed me this month for the BT account followed 2 days later with the new EE account resulting in a £41 overpayment and with the allocation of a £72 refund for the unkept promises it totals £113 which I am now unable to monitor because I cannot access my EE account online.

There's no info on the old BT online account although the new EE account number appears in the dropdown menu & if I try to setup a new EE online account it recognises my e-mail address from the old one & says this account is closed.

In my opinion there was no reason to transfer me from BT  and the whole thing has been, and continues to be, a shambles.

Can anyone advise the best way to complain to EE as phone calls to customer services seems to fall on deaf ears. 

Thanks ....

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Thanks @JimM11 

Would it be worth opening a new login account with a different e-mail address or would that confuse the system further?

I've got the new account number and was thinking of trying that with a new password but I'm wary of making things worse!

Thanks ....

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@flyingfudge This is what i got for my welcome e-mail with get it done in seven days body is below. And look at the section that i have changed to Italics. That's a question i would ask of CS but you would need to get someone who knows how there system really works, when i had a similar issue on a sky account, i talked to there customer service direct, explained that the e-mail ID they had was there mistake just like you have, and got them to i think add an alias assigned with a correct e-mail. I then could login with the new id, but it always showed as the wrong core one, ie the original oops was always there. Once they changed it, the advisor said wait 24hrs to let it filter through and i did that, worked fine after that. So i was maybe lucky with sky, got someone who new what they were doing.... So would put that question to someone at EE but also try to get technical support involved, you need someone senior with a bit more ability to make changes.... 

Hi,

Thanks for your order. To finish setting up your EE ID, please log in to your EE account.

Once you've done this, you can go online or use the EE app to:

• Check your bills
  • Track your orders
  • Manage your account
And if you have new EE Broadband you can:

• Activate Work Mode and Game Mode with WiFi Enhancer
  • Keep everyone safe online with Parental Controls
  • Manage your WiFi Controls

If you don't log in within seven days, we'll delete your EE ID to keep your account secure. You can create a new one anytime.

Thanks,
The EE Team