cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to link new broadband to mobile account - EX BT customer

TrueVanquish
Investigator
Investigator

I am an EX BT customer who swapped to EE following recent emails from BT. Since swapping to EE I am unable to link my new broadband account to my pre-existing mobile account. I have spoken to a number of tech team advisors over the last 2 weeks and nothing seems to be progressing. This makes it impossible to manage the account online and I want to take advantage of features available in the app. The only response from live chat I get is call 150 but I have been unable to speak to anyone that can help. Using the website to link just says call 150. I want to manage my broadband, TV online and currently this is preventing me, please advise!

6 REPLIES 6
jo799
Visitor

Contact EE technical support team through 150 (EE mobile) and they will raise a request to add broadband account to EE app. There seems to be an issue with this, so having to resolve individually. 

Hope that helps 

This has been attempted twice with no avail. The last time an issue was logged with tech support but nothing has progressed.

chrysallliss
Investigator
Investigator

I’m in the same boat. My case has been raised to ‘second line offline’ for 2 weeks. I’ve just rung in today and all they can tell me is there’s a backlog in merging accounts and there’s no date they can say it will be resolved. I literally don’t know what else to do. I’m very frustrated. 

Walker321
Explorer

Same situation, long and short the account number on your welcome email and the account number that is on your account that if you get the advisor to search from your email address are different (welcome email is bt and the one the advisor can search up is your ee account number) mine linked up grand after we came to that conclusion 

hope yours can get resolved by doing the same, good luck 

Sorry reread your issue, nope sorry I used a different email address than the one I use for my mobile phone ee account when purchasing (which is what the advisor told me I had to do) so I have to use 2 different login’s to check my mobile account and the other email/username for my broadband, sorry my bad I think we’re in the same boat lol but I’m just gonna use the 2 different accounts to check them

TrueVanquish
Investigator
Investigator

Two months later and this is still the exact same issue. After contacting 150 many times I was advised a “linking form” needed to be completed for the account merge to happen. This was completed and submitted to internal teams and my incidents were closed.

It is still not resolved and I am completely unable to manage my broadband account online.