cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect phones to wifi

Coz21
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Has EE been down today? We have been unable to connect our phones and other devices to wifi all day. Also our 4G has only just started working. Just wondering if it is a problem with EE or the router.

30 REPLIES 30
Mustrum
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Coz21  yes if your laptop has an ethernet port, or you can do it on WiFi.

Coz21
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks. I'm sure that's how I set up my other router years ago, the one that's no longer working. But I can't remember how I figured out what settings to enter.

Mustrum
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Coz21   the settings you need are in one of my earlier posts. Click on the link and open up the the tabs below.

Coz21
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I had to order one from Currys to be delivered tomorrow as they didn't have any in stock. They assured me it was DSL. So when I connect it to my laptop with the ethernet cable, do I put it in the WAN or the LAN socket on the router?

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

You connect your lappy to a router's LAN port. The DSL is the WAN.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Coz21
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have a DSL and a WAN as 2 seperate ports on this router. The DSL port is smaller and the WAN port is the same size as the LAN ports.

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

That's correct.  The DSL port is still the 1 that that connects to your WAN, which is your BB connection coming from your phone socket.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Coz21
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've connected the router and Ihave to wait for the DSL light to stop flashing before I can configure it. But the DSL light won't stop flashing. I've tried both the DSL lead and splitter that came with it and I've tried the ones I was using with the other modem but it's not working. I've also tried it with and without the TP Link boosters that I was using with the other modem (I'll post a pic of that)

20240211_135958.jpg

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

You may always config a router even when it is not connected to BB.

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Coz21  You’re devices reporting weak security is only because there is a more secure connection that could be used.   This is a just apples way of saying there is a better secure protocol that’s available if your router supports it because the devices do.