cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from BT to EE shouldn't be this difficult!

Spenny74
Contributor
Contributor

Was with BT for a number of years, aside from the odd issue my connection was rock solid and had Halo 3+ 900mbp FTTP, however saw the new EE announcement with the 1.6Gbs speeds and WiFi 6 Hub and thought I'd upgrade.  Waited a cople of weeks for the dust to settle and then thought I'd call up and place an order for an 'Upgrade' as prompted on the My BT webpage, and thats when the the fiasco began........

First operative on the phone was that up to speed with the packages and said I couldn't have the 1.6GB speed (although the EE site says I can?), then said I could have the 'Essentials' (00 deal with 3 months free etc, so I went for that and added the smart wifi extenders also, however apparently due to my email address being used on BT is the same as EE it couldnt be completed and had to be escallated and I would get a call next day......the call never came.

So rang up the next day and spoke to another advisor who said I couldn't have the essentials package and had to have the full works package as it had to be an upgrade and more expensive than my BT package......it was only a couple of pounds more and I wanted the updated hub so went ahead with it......again, order had issues with the email and had to be escalated...(by this time overall I had spent in excess of 2 and a half hours on the phone) and would be confrimed the next day. 

An email arrived late the next day to confirm the order and that the equipment was being sent out, great!  However no Hybrid Connect included for some reason.......called up again, nothing can be done until the equipment has been delivered so to call back then.

Equipment turns up (a day later than promised), no hybrid connect.......I plug it all in and cannot access the broadband tab or wifi controls (states I am not allowed to view the page or there has been an issue).  So I call up again and am told that its to do with the switch from BT, they delete my BT ID which didnt fix it and then said the issue needed to go to the offline team to rectify whichcan take up to 5 days to sort, however most are completed in 24 hours (they also say they are going to send me the hybrid connect which was missing and would have it by Tuesday).  Waited 3 days, still no update and cannot access the app controls etc and no Hybrid Connect delivery....

So, I call them again......and apparently even though they sent out some of the equipment my order is shown as failed (still says open on my order page), as such the issue was never escalated and the hybrid connect not ordered.

This advisor has said he needed to cancel my order and wait at least 24hours to re order it......I am awaiting a call back on Sunday Morning to arrange the re order, however I am not confident I will get that call or the order will go through

So far a total of almost 5 hours on the phone and no further forward, plus don't actually know who my broadband is with?!

I have used the BT Forum in the past and the mods on there are very good as escalating issues such as these to the correct teams for speedy resolutions.....is it the same on the EE one?

I appreciate that its a new system, but surely someone at EE knows how to rectify these issues and with the push to get BT customers onto EE it should be pretty straight forward.

27 REPLIES 27
Moose_UK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just gotten off of the phone with EE yet again..

No updates on what's happening, apparently there is work happening behind the scenes. Been told to wait until the 22nd when someone is supposed to call and update me.

Received two emails from EE telling me to post the hub and booster back or I'll be charged. Sent my BT kit back three weeks ago, so if I send the EE kit I'll have nothing here to use.

The stress this brings is horrid, I'm really regretting making the decision to move now..

(BT Full Fibre 900 - 980mbps down :: 110mbps up)
Spenny74
Contributor
Contributor

Update

So, as I feared the promised call from EE did not happen.....got fed up so rang 150 again.  Spoke to an operator who said he could see the cancelation, however it had still not gone through fully and was showing as open.  He has escalated it to the 'Data Integrity' (or DI) Team for them to manually update and either fully cancel or complete the order, I am told that this should be rectified and I should received an email and/or text by 6pm tomorrow to confirm.  

From what he was telling me from the notes, when other operators have been escalating the issue this has been to automated systems which then either fail or error out thus not cancelling the order etc........

Hopefully this team sort the issues!

Had I have known it was going to be such a pain to transfer then I would have left well alone.......

Moose_UK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Received an SMS from BT this afternoon telling me that the stuck, cancelled order had been rectified.

Call to EE - apparently I have now had a new order submitted on the "new system". As this is a new system, I've had to have another credit check which I'm not too pleased about.

Cannot find the new order in my orders and have not received any emails confirming it, so who knows what will happen!

That's good they've cleared the error, at least things seem to be moving forward, does it now show as cancelled on your orders?

Bit odd the new order isn't showing on your list and no email confirmation though......

Still waiting for a response back for mine, although they did say it could take upto 6pm 🤷‍♂️

How did things go Moose? I've moved from BT 900 to EE 900 with some sims and oh my good lord it's been one issue after another. Realised tonight that my EE broadband was supposed to be going live but I've had no router sent. 

Moose_UK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It went as well as I’d expected.. received an SMS from BT saying I would owe £440 as I was leaving them.

Called them up and after some digging, discovered that the person I spoke to earlier had processed my upgrade as a new customer. Made a fake email address to get it to work and also dented my credit file.

This new order is now being cancelled and, yet again, I need to wait until that has gone through.

Luckily the person I spoke to this evening had her head screwed on and has made detailed notes on both my BT and EE account. She’s also making the relevant team aware that I’ll be raising a correction on the credit check and has spoken to the team leader of the person who made a new account for me.

Fingers crossed there’s light at the end of the tunnel!

Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Many thanks for taking the time to chat with me this morning @Spenny74 

I'm really sorry again for all the problems with your order.  I've set the wheels in motion to get your order sorted.  I'll come back to you again as agreed and I'll get you the answers to the other questions asked then too 🙂

Thanks

Robbie

Moose_UK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well, the light at the end of the tunnel vanished...

Received my call back today, nothing can be done as something is "stuck" on the line. No-one can see it and everything is showing as closed orders with both EE and BT.

Been advised to leave it for 72 hours when I'll get another call back to see what's happening.. Almost a full month now!

Can't control anything on the app at all now and still need a second booster so that my doorbell and Nest camera work again...

Moose_UK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well that's the end of that.

Call today - been told it is impossible to move someone from BT to EE, so I will either have to stay with BT or cancel the contract completely.

Replacement Smart Hub 2 is being sent out and the EE kit needs to be returned.

So after three weeks, two credit checks, countless calls and headaches - I'm back to where I started.

I'm just going to buy my own WiFi 6 router instead.. I've gotten too used to having a gig over WiFi to lose it!

ippylad
Investigator
Investigator

It is never worth jumping on anything at launch with BT, it always ends up with lots of issues being thrown into a bucket for them to work through which takes time. The sensible thing to do would be to manage the migration of BT customers to EE first for those that wanted to move now, then allowing new customers. 

But unfortunately the Broadband inbound calls get moved around and end up with someone working in mobile answering them. Whist there's nothing wrong with that, the lack of experience and knowledge often makes the situation worst, customers leaving and nobody taking ownership. Luckily, I noticed today that @Robbie-Mac has posted and helping @Spenny74  whilst the offline team can't always resolve issues they often know a persons who can, and monitor what's happening..

It's just a shame, that they just can't get it right or at least give updates on what's happening. The products are good, the staff mostly are good... it's those pesky systems.