cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from BT 900 to EE 900 and lost upload speed?

SwannyD
Visitor

Hi all,

I just moved to EE from BT, readying for the new 1.6 speeds set to launch later this year.

Being the same physical network, nothing was required on my side for the transition from BT FTTP to EE FTTP, and the download has remained the same 934 Mpbs

However upload has now dropped from a consistent 110 Mpbs, to just under 100 Mpbs - in 24 hours - I appreciate with a good speed, some see this as a drop in the Ocean. But one of the main reasons of having the faster 900 connection is the benefit of faster upload.

Dropping isn't really something I want to accept as a necessary evil.

Nothing has physically changed on my network. I'm continuing to use my EERO 6E set-up, with new login details (although the BT ones also worked), the only thing that's changed is switching to EE. Using the EE provided router - I'm ALSO getting the slower upload speed than before.

Can anyone see any technical reason outside of my own property, that this may have happened? EE keep mentioning a 10 day period, my understanding this is actually more relevant to copper type connections those running through glass - but for the download speed to remain is strange.

For clarity, I've tried Testing directly connected from MacBook, using Speed Test, Fast.com and also through my Whitebox from SamKnows. Same result.

D

1 REPLY 1
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SwannyD 

Thanks for coming here. 

I would suggest reporting this to our Broadband tech team, they will be able to get this looked into in more detail for you and let you know what can be done to help 🙂

Thanks. 

Leanne.