cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from BT 900 to EE 1.6gb order gone horribly wrong!

Matteasty
Explorer

Hi all,

So on Friday 1/3 I made the decision to make the switch from BT 900 full fibre to EE full work 1.6gb plan. All seemed well after receiving the hub on Monday 4/3 then I realised that none of the details for the WiFi, the 12 months ultimate or the WiFi controls were accessible. It was here that I found my order had been placed under a different email (despite going through verification serval times)! All details were provided to link to me EE mobile account so everything could be managed via the app but not to be. 

queue the first call - advisor says will update the email address and send through the details to my correct address, didn’t receive so they said would post them out and still nothing to this day. 

queue 2nd call as the account should be linked as mentioned above. Advisor cannot link the account together and has to raised to another team. I’m told it will be done within 5 days and provided Monday 11/3 for completion. 

queue 3rd call - account still not linked and the I’ve still no access to parental controls, WiFi settings etc. advisor then says I’ve been told the wrong timescale for linking the accounts, it should be 10 days and the advisor from call 2 hadn’t actually processed the request and it would take 10 working days. 

so I’m asking is there anything that anyone can help with getting this sorted please? I’m paying for the new services, however I cannot use parental setting or time limits which were in place on BT plan, not able to activate free  Xbox ultimate 12 months, cannot see how the mini hub location is performing etc.

please help!!  

12 REPLIES 12
Paddy-B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Matteasty,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you've had so many problems following your switch from BT to EE. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at the details of your complaint. I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  

Thanks,

Paddy

Derang
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Paddy, I’m in exactly the same position, any chance you could have a look at mine also please?

Paddy-B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Derang,

I'll take a look at that for you as well. I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  

Thanks,

Paddy

Derang
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks Paddy, I’ve sent the details now.

qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sounds like many people who posted and me as well. They put my broadband on different email then merged the accounts and despite it being merged apparently it’s not done properly as they have known issues. They told numerous people there is a fix coming today but so far didn’t see anything happening. But I’m not holding my breath to be honest.

Derang
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@qucharsky  Yes it really is unacceptable to have no access to account details or ability to manage the account.

I’ve seen various people reference the 25th March Fix but don’t see any change in my app.

I honestly don’t care if it’s in a separate account that I have to login in/out to view the products, as long as I can manage my account.

I guess I’ll just need to trust that EE have billed me the correct amount, etc. 

Hi Paddy, 

I replied to your PM earlier today. 

Thanks 

matt

qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Nearly the end of the 25th and so far can’t see any change unless they will do something overnight but I have a feeling it’s just going to be another disappointment 🤣

Derang
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I fully expect nothing to change, they seem incapable of fixing any of these bugs.

be nice if they acknowledged the problem and posted updates in the announcements channel.

but then that would be too easy I guess.