Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Hub Plus and oldest Google devices

cparky
Investigator
Investigator

Not sure where to post this. Initially in Android devices:

I received my new Smart Hub Plus yesterday. Our mobile phones connected easily to the new WiFi network.

Unfortunately, none of my Google devices now work on the network. On trying to setup each device it eventually says 'this was previously set up and needs a factory reset'.

None of these devices have reset buttons or volume buttons. They were the first devices ever offered by Google.

They are a Google Hub (before being renamed Nest) and 3 Google Minis.

Are these devices 'bricked' (can no longer be used) or is there a way to reset them to work on the new Smart Hub Plus?

2 REPLIES 2
cparky
Investigator
Investigator

I received my new Smart Hub Plus yesterday. Our mobile phones connected easily to the new WiFi network.

Unfortunately, none of my Google devices now work on the network. On trying to setup each device it eventually says 'this was previously set up and needs a factory reset'.

None of these devices have reset buttons or volume buttons. They were the first devices ever offered by Google.

They are a Google Hub (before being renamed Nest) and 3 Google Minis.

Are these devices 'bricked' (can no longer be used) or is there a way to reset them to work on the new Smart Hub Plus?

JimM11
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@cparky If you login to the NEW router, change the SSID and the password on it to match the details of your older hub then there is the possibility that they will connect fine. Router login is 192.168.1.254