cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Hub Plus WiFi extender Devices - 0 but EE app says devices (13)

spavett
Visitor

I was trying to resolve an issue where I have a WiFi Extender successfully installed in my local network but the Hub UI reports Devices 0 are connected to the extender.Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 10.34.04.png

I restarted and reset the extender but it always shows Devices 0. I then had a look at the settings through the phone app which shows Connected devices (13)

8C3BC0D0-A145-4458-B847-4905C2052664_4_5005_c.jpeg

I think the screen grabs show that there is a bug in the Smart Hub Plus UI and the phone app is correct.

The phone app (iPhone) is extraordinarily falkey. It hasn't worked for showing me settings until today. Now it works but it will only load my WiFi settings 1 in 5 times I click on the link. Most of the time it gives me an error saying I'm not connected to my home WiFi which is not true. 

I also came across other posts listing similar issues in the replies https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Landline/Wi-Fi-issues-with-Smart-Hub-Plus/td-p/1326702 so posting this here in case others are similarly confused by the Hub UI WiFi extender status.

Another issue I encountered after using the mobile app is in doing a speed test from the app. I ran it twice and both times it suggested that my router needed to be restarted due to  some issues being detected which I let it do but it never reports any results of speed tests. My impression is simply that the speed test doesn't work.

0 REPLIES 0