cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Hub Plus SH31B - does not support PSTN phone (BT Smart Hub 2 did)

jamiemac1
Contributor
Contributor

I was persuaded to 'upgrade' from BT Smart Hub 2 (FTTP) to EE Smart Hub SH31B.  All good expect my PSTN wireless phones can no longer receive calls (can make call fine). They replugged directly in to the Phone socket on back on hub.

Seems like the EE Smart Hub SH31B is not an upgrade at all?

11 REPLIES 11
jamiemac1
Contributor
Contributor

I have FTTP with BT.

I  was recently persuaded to 'upgrade' from BT Smart Hub 2 to EE Smart Hub SH31B.  All good expect my PSTN wireless phones (BeoCom 6000 mkII) can no longer receive calls (they can make outgoing calls fine). They are plugged directly in to the Phone socket on back of the hub.

Any ideas welcome?

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

@jamiemac1 I'm really sorry about that, when someone calls your landline number do they get an error message?

Thanks

Neil

jamiemac1
Contributor
Contributor

Caller hears a couple of rings and then the call drops (continuous tone).

After much research this seems to be something to do with the 'bell wire', it seems this new fangled  EE Smart hub 3 is unable to recognise by my BeoComm 6000 phone system (which worked flawlessly when plugged directly in to the back of the previous BT Smart Hub 2).

I have tried various combinations of using a splitter with a normal old fashioned BT phone, using a filter and using the wireless adapter for positioning your socket away from the router.  No joy.  

So I either use the EE Smart Hub 3 with my old fashioned BT phone plugged in the back (not at all convenient as its in a difficult to reach location), or I revert to the BT Smart Hub 2 and everything works fine.

jamiemac1
Contributor
Contributor

it also cannot support PSTN phone systems in the way the almost identical BT Smart Hub 2 did..

@jamiemac1 : Why should it? The PTSN is being switched off & being replaced by VoIP (BT DV or EE Digital Home Phone). The EE SH+ no more supports PTSN than BT SH2 does.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi XRaySpeX,

thing is my BT Smart Hub 2 does support my old BeoCom 6000 system, whereas the EE Smart Hub 3 does not, so I have had to swap back to the BT Smart Hub 2? 

jamiemac1
Contributor
Contributor

Unless I have misunderstood what the issue is..

@jamiemac1 : You're confusing the network, which is being switched off, with the phone handsets that you used use on that network. They should be equally compatible with VoIP when plugged into suitable sockets on the router or adapter.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Indeed OK, thanks for the clarification.  So the issue is that the EE Smart Hub 3 is not able to support my handsets that were compatible with BT Smart Hub 2. I have seen this issue on a number of forums, so it's not just just my phones (B&O Beocom 6000's)