cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Smart hub and bridge mode

Tbubb24
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,  Hoping I can join into this thread. I have recently joined EE from BT, and I was using PPOE on my own router with ease on BT as their PPOE settings were generic and easy to connect. with EE how long would i expect the PPOE changes to take effect and my internet to resume? i have put in the PRODUCTIONHQNUNxxxxxxxx@fs as the username and HQNPASSxxxxxxxx as password as i assume that would be correct, with the numbers matching my username?

currently my internet is running at just over 1/2 my apparent speed on my own router plugged into the EE one.

Thanks,

Tom

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tbubb24 : As your BB is running, you have put your correct BB creds into 1 of your routers (which 1?) & they have already been accepted.

Why are you using a EE router as well as your own? Is it cuz your own router does not incorporate a modem?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi,

I should have said, i have  TP-Link AX50 router which i use for my network, this is currently connected to the EE router which is connected to the ONT. i would like to remove the EE router and just have my router connected to the internet via the ONT.  I have FTTP but when i enter the PPOE creds listed above, the router fails to get a connection after 5 mins. 

Edit, when connecting to PPOE, i am unplugging the EE router from the ONT and plugging mine into the ONT, just to clarify!

@Tbubb24 : As your on FTTP (Full Fibre) you don't need the EE router. The ONT is the modem. Just plug your TP-Link router into the ONT & enter onto it your EE BB creds.

If it's not working, let's see its WAN Settings hiding any nos. in the BB Username.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Tbubb24   have you moved from BT Full Fibre, or have you upgaded from FTTC?

Did you copy your username from the EE router and/or have you checked to make sure the one you are entering is correct.

All the other settings sgould be the same if you were on BT FTTP, but you need to remove the the VLAN ID = 101 if you were on FTTC.

Hi @Mustrum I have had FTTP since i moved in back in 2017( new build) i just moved off BT to EE to get a better deal. I used my current router as PPOE with them, but since with EE have had my router in Dynamic IP mode plugged into the EE one, until there was time to sort out the connection ( its only been a month since the change). I wanted to make sure that i was doing something right as I was adding the PRODUCTIONHQNUNxxxxxxxx@fs and the password i believe is HQNPASSxxxxxxx in, but i was failing to get a connection after a couple mins.  All settings have remained the same.  Might have to leave it for a bit longer if i can manage!

@Tbubb24  that does seem strange - though you did not say if you copied the username from the EE router.

By accident I discovered using HQNUNxxxxxxxxx as the password works - is copy the username minus the PRODUCTION and @fs

Not tried it, but there were reports of the BT PPOE settings also work.

@Mustrum Thanks, I will give this a try over the next couple days and see what results I get.

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@Tbubb24 - You should be fine using the default BT PPP credentials. It should still authenticate you onto the EE network.