Re: Broadband

Daio62
Investigator
Investigator

Same here even bought Erthernet cables no difference whatsoever. Ruins tge night especially weekends. 

4 REPLIES 4
Daio62
Investigator
Investigator

Having issues but not for that length of time. Mines more buffering and sound. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Daio62 : Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.
  • For other routers: login to it according to the label on it as the admin user & navigate looking for its router/connection statistics.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

How do I get such information. From what device? My iphone?

You just spoke French to me. After buying 2 Erthernet cables and just now 2 WIFI extenders. When I use Netflix on my tv not fire stick it works fine. I own a 24 inch Polaroid TV my son who I bought 41 inch Polaroid is having buffering issues also he is righ aboutthe Routerin a tiny 2 bedroom house. 

I have a fire stick to add to my woes too. Also alexa took over my tv speaker without even a prompt. 

I got the white square 🔳 box with the green circle 🟢 Router it's always green unless I switch it off. I can't even download apps on my tv their not there. I have the latest update as the tv 📺 is only 2 years old. 

I do notice the Mbps can drop significantly to 19Mbps to 58Mbps

Please email me taking in the fact that all this Broadband and Upper case letters mean nothing to me. DDSL blah blah blah 

I tried signing admin with  my password on back of Router but it kept refusing me warning I had only 5 tries. 

I do not enjoy winging what I suffering these many evenings is getting to me whole weekends I wanted to chill ruined or being only able to watch Netflix or Amozan because only them I have on my tv but I think that Polaroid issues not yours, I just do not know. 

I know I told the eager guy in EE store all I wanted was tv and console to work well they are not. 

I also noticed people stressing about fire sticks so using them as well is kind of time consuming and ssso frustrating. 

You assume, I think, that I have a computer 🖥 or ipad. All I have is a Samsung galaxy s21 

Now do I use your EE app to do what info you need or do I download another app to run speeds?

Kevin Bacon I think is a bit like Boris Johnson will say anything as long as there's enough zeros after $£

You'll have to excuse me frustration because Broadband is not what I thought its figity stressful time consuming keeps me awake so I'm a zombie with a bit of psychosis kicking in. 

Telling me to send info to this forum but to hide certain numbers to someone that's pretty new to it all. I guarantee some poor sod will send sensitive stuff. 

Well as you can see I'm up late again and got to be up at 630am so by for now. 

1. is from your router; 2. & 3. are from those links.

Which router do you have?

• Login to your Brightbox at http://192.168.1.1 as "admin" with the admin password on the label on the back of the router.
  • Login to your EE SH at http://192.168.1.254 with the admin password on the bottom of the slider label on the back of the router.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)