cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help regarding home broadband!

Donpawan
Visitor

Im a BT user who was mislead to leaving BT to join EE for home broadband services. I was told by BT that someone (i assume EE) was trying to take over the line at my address and to contact them before the 19th of July before 1 pm. I contacted BT before the deadline and was told that I would be charged a hefty sum of money for cancellation fees to which I replied by instructing them to deny the request to takeover the line at my address, which they ended up doing successfully. However I got an email from EE at like 3.30am on the 20th of July 2022 (the next day after I denied the request to takeover) saying my broadband is up and running. I'm very much confused about what I should do. I'm a student here studying in the UK and have no means of paying large cancellation fees which is why I denied the EE takeover request before the contract started (which was supposed to be from the 20th of july). Someone please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Donpawan

Welcome to the community.

There is a chance that the message your received was an automated one. I would recommend speaking to our Broadband Support team so that they can look into this and confirm exactly what has happened.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings > Broadband > Internet page?

Obscure your names & any digits in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy

Does the landline phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)