cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No parental controls or web protect on new smart hub

Ss73up
Investigator
Investigator

New EE smart hub installed but many features are not working. I changed to EE specifically for the parental control capability, but it is not working. Technical team have tried and failed to get this working. I can't assign groups, can't set schedules, the EE help doesn't follow what I am getting. It says Manage Web protect by using the EE app. But the app shows the message "unable to show you right now". Likewise can't pause WiFi. Can't refresh Groups. I've reset the router countless times and reloaded the app on different phones and different platforms and they all refuse to allow me to change any settings. Anyone have any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
asteaman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

I have had similar issues with wifi  controls since November  2023 and now EE cyber security not working.My Issues have been passed onto executive complaints,whom admitted they have issues with wifi control and EE cyber security.However were unable to provide a date when these programming issues will be fixed.They did state beta testing was on going and once they were happy an update will be rolled out.???

I’m really surprised with how long this is taking to fix. People are paying for a service that was advertised and not yet delivered. 3 months  and counting. 

EEScott
Visitor

I'm having the exact same issues with the EE App.

• Can't create groups
  • Can't set a schedule because I can't create groups
  • WebProtect can't list my threats right now and won't refresh

The online help chatbot is pretty much useless and the call centre help don't appear to be able to do anything about it.  One of the big reasons we switched was to take advantage of the parental controls.  I'll be expecting some money back.

asteaman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I asked the executive complaints representative for a reduction concerning my broadband issues until the issue are resolved,this was refused.With a week excuse provided as to why this could not be done.

I mentioned that his company are failing  to provide the service as contractually agreed when I took out the broadband. I also mentioned what rights I have under the consumers right act 2015.He was not a bit interested,stating the company will provide a good will guesture once the issues raised have been resolved.Are they in breach of advertising regulations,anyone any ideas.

They are definitely in breach of Adverting Standards. You can complain to the ASA here

https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint/guide-to-making-a-complaint.html

I have had all the same issues. Plus the Smart Hub Plus drops WiFi after 5 mins. Luckily I’m still in my 14 day cooling off period so I have asked to return to BT from where I came.

How they can have a product in market without working parental controls in this day and age beggars belief.

Paulago28
Explorer

I'm having exactly the same issues.

Ss73up
Investigator
Investigator

Does anyone have the parental controls functionality in operation? If they do, is this only working in legacy hardware?  or in specific Android handsets, or maybe only specific  versions? I've been told that this should work once the EE App is updated. 02 Feb 2024 App at  revision 5.30.1 did not work for me. App revision 04 Mar 2024 at revision 5.32.0 did not allow any further functionality at all. IN FACT what the "whats new" entry identifies   NO ADDITIONAL Technical FUNCTIONALITY, only an entry saying " Discounted Pizza ? Yes Please! just head over to ....."  WHAT !! One has to wonder as to the professionalism of the EE Team, if all they can address at a MAJOR update, is to add a silly message about food. Sorry guys. Try standing up in court to reply to OFCOM and customer anger regarding not providing promised features and state " We added a Pizza feature to the APP." How dare they!

Ss73up
Investigator
Investigator

Does anyone have the parental controls functionality in operation? If they do, is this only working in legacy hardware?  or in specific Android handsets, or maybe only specific  versions? I've been told that this should work once the EE App is updated. 02 Feb 2024 App at  revision 5.30.1 did not work for me. App revision 04 Mar 2024 at revision 5.32.0 did not allow any further functionality at all. IN FACT what the "whats new" entry identifies   NO ADDITIONAL Technical FUNCTIONALITY, only an entry saying " Discounted Pizza ? Yes Please! just head over to ....."  WHAT !! One has to wonder as to the professionalism of the EE Team, if all they can address at a MAJOR update, is to add a silly message about food. Sorry guys. Try standing up in court to reply to OFCOM and customer anger regarding not providing promised features and state " We added a Pizza feature to the APP."