cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer Engineer Installation "NEW EE"

frankee1
Visitor

Hi there, I am a Virgin Media customer & currently am with them..

I will not be leaving them, but I am interested in the "New EE" & Their broadband packages.

I have a few simple questions, would love if anybody could answer them thanks!

1. I do not have any internet cable boxes on the walls in my home, would an engineer come and get me up & running or would I have to pay a price?

2. I do not mind having my internet Router downstairs, but would like it in my bedroom. I am 3 stair flights up from the downstairs, but my bedroom has no internet box on the wall. My neighbour also does not let engineers out in his garden to gain access, would there be a way around this? Because I know the engineer would have to get outside some sort of way in the back to connect me up.

Thank you very much!

(I would like the New EE service as a backup for when Virgin Media goes down)

3 REPLIES 3
mirrors90
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hey!
This seems like a very costly exercise for a "Backup" ? Have you considered a 5G router? Just a question though - how much does your Virgin broadband go down? If it's daily then fair enough - but then you should consider a full change rather than paying another >£50.00 a month. 

In answer to your question

1) Yes, Openreach would come and install all the necessary wires outside your house to bring the internet into your house.

2) You'd have to discuss the install details with EE and they would agree a plan with you of how to install.

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@frankee1   a good place to start would be to see what services EE could offer you and speeds available. If you scroll down and enter your details it will give you an idea.

https://ee.co.uk/broadband/wifi-controls 

Feel free to come back and ask any further questions.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker 's Address Checker estimate for your address? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your address. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)