cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre to the house cabling and EE cannot provide landline

davidm5
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,  our area has just been connected by Openreach with fibre to the premises (as part of the rural fibre roll out)..  EE say they can provide up to 700 Mbps but not a landline as their phone signal is not digital.  They offered an expensive deal with BT as an alternative. I am wondering where that leaves me with my contract with EE which still has a year to run?  When I check a comparison site Plusnet can offer a much better deal.  

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What EE BB do you have at the mo'?

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
davidm5
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi,  It's standard fibre broaband on which I get around 10Mbps down and under 1Mbps up. Now as they say up to 1000Mbps is available.

Telephone Number on Exchange MAESYCRUGIAU is served by Cabinet 2
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in JumperHigh Low High Low        VDSL Range A (Clean) 
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 
19.411.41.31.19.2AvailableAvailable--
18.9101.30.87.1AvailableAvailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Upto 1000Upto 220--AvailableKCI2 Assure
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 3--2 to 6Available--
Up to 3Up to 0.52 to 6Available--
Up to 2.5--1.5 to 5Available--
1----Available--
1----Available--
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL MaxSOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 3--2 to 6----
Up to 2.5--2 to 6----
Up to 1--1.5 to 5----
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2023-06-06
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
U
N
N
07-04-2023
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed potential Line of sight problems.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, you do have a slow VDSL (EE Fibre) line.

Yes, you could get a much faster FTTP (EE Full Fibre) line but EE will not offer a voice service with it. Nor, as far as I know does PN; only BT does with Digital Voice (DV).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@davidm5   it looks like your options are limited at the moment, more will open up when your contract is up with other suppliers. For now, as mentioned Plusnet do not offer digital voice, and at present BT more expensive, but you could keep your eye open for the deals they sometimes offer.

On the other hand you could transfer your phone number to a VOIP provider, but be aware this will cease your current broadband, so needs careful planning in conjunction with an upgrade to full fibre.  

HTH

davidm5
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks Guys - that does seem to be the situation get the best deal from BT or wait for the contract to end. Thanks again.