cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to have router rewired to another room

Vak
Visitor

So two things I need to have my main point rewired to another room had my garage converted to a gaming room and having my PC hard wired to the router is what I want to have done, how do I get EE to come do this for me?

I upgraded to full fibre on Friday because of connectivity issues when gaming, the engineer from EE who came to set it all up advised me there was a fault on the line, this needed an Outreach engineer to attend on Monday. He resolved the connectivity problem and I asked about having the main point inside my property moved to the gaming room so I can hard wired my PC to the router.

He advised me that when I swopped to EE from BT they would have done this for free, so I am hoping EE will do this on good will and not charge me again who would I need to talk to about this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
JimM11
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Vak Your first point of contact would have to be a call to EE CS, but i think that you will not get as you wish. That would now be considered as a re-installation of your fibre and at a considerable cost to you. Give them a call and see what price they give you. You could always consider Powerline adapter's which can give both wired and wireless but do not expect the full speeds as advertised as this is never achieved. Good luck and keep us posted.

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Vak   If you had asked when you your Full Fibre was installed you could have had it installed where you wanted, within certain practicalities. However now to move the ONT EE would need to get Openreach back and a charge would be made. Not sure what it would be, but as an example moving a phone master socket the charge is around £150.

However you can move the router where ever you want it, within reason, by using a good quality Cat 5E or 6 or better ethernet cable to connect the ONT and Router. You could do this yourself, or find a competent perso to do it for you.