cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My EE App and Linking Accounts

Phil22222
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve had my Broadband + Landline and two Mobiles with EE for many years and I’ve  never been able to link my accounts together.  The new My App gave me hope having the facility to ‘link accounts’, but alas, it’s a complete failure. 
The majority of the time  I can’t even log-in without the swirling EE green balls going around and around and then ending with an EE error message.  I have quite a collection of these now! 
I’ve spoken to two EE advisors this week with both assuring me that linking can be done immediately but then back-peddling to the “oh, you’ll have to wait 24 hours excuse for the changes to be implemented” when I tried using the App ‘there-and-then’ while on the phone to them. 

Also, to link my broadband account I need my account number that’s “on an EE email or bill”…..nope, I can’t see one anywhere! 

If it’s not error messages, it’s constant excuses! 
Infuriating indeed. 

10 REPLIES 10
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Phil22222 

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear about your account problems.

Could you try linking the accounts again using a different device or browser please? Let me know what happens and we'll see if we can try something else.

Chris

Thanks Chris but I would have hoped you/EE would have assumed I had tried that approach already.
Tried on laptop, desktop, android with App and Internet Explorer etc. Still not working!!

Sent from my iPhone
Christopher_G

Part of our process is to try and make sure everything has been tried, @Phil22222. Sometimes the easiest suggestions can be the quickest fix. I appreciate that this isn't the case here though.

If it's been more than 24 hours since you spoke to our customer support team, I'd recommend getting back in touch. They'll be able to supply you with your broadband account number and escalate this to the next level of technical support, if they're not able to get you set up fully.

Chris

Phil22222
Investigator
Investigator

Please advise how I can obtain my broadband account number without having to spend my precious time waiting to speak to an Advisor.   I’ve never seen it on an email.  It may well be available in My EE and/or the EE website…. but it’s a Catch22 scenario ….can’t get in without an account number. 

I despair. 

Why can’t I request it via an email or text and it simply gets sent to me? 

@Phil22222   Your BB account number is shown on your bill.   Can you login to your BB account?          There isn’t an email address you can use    How can they text you an account number if they don’t know who you are let alone your number. 

The account number is at the top right of every page of your BB bill.    You’ll have to download your bill to see this. 

Sent from my iPhone
Leanne_T

Hi @Phil22222 

Our Broadband Care team will be happy to help with the account number you need to link the account, please give them a call on 150 🙂

Leanne.

There really is no need  to be rude. People are just trying to help.