cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from BT to EE - a complete disaster for me

Eli1234
Investigator
Investigator

Well, when they say if something is too good to be true... then they are probably right.

I wanted a pair of new phones so i rang 150 and spoke to EE.  They were very helpful and i was very pleased with the service and advice given.  However i then made the mistake of not asking enough questions.  I was offered to move my BT broadband to EE and would be eligible for discount on my mobile contract and i would not have to pay any early termination fees.  All well and good and the deal seemed to be great (it would work out i would be saving somewhere around £20 per month over all.)

And then the fun began.

Got a message from BT saying i would have to pay over 1000 early termination fee.  Rang EE who said they would put a credit on the account to cover it - so not to worry

Then the service starts.  And suddenly i'm missing the nortons antivirus and password manager and the mini hub doesnt work - not quite the like for like service i was expecting.

Then a letter from BT regarding the early termination fee.  Another discussion with EE and apparently sorted...

Then on the day the service started, i have the wrong home telephone number..  Another two calls later and then following day i get this corrected 

Then i get the first bill..  Mobile phones paid fine.  App tells me that i have also paid my BB...  but email from EE says otherwise. Digging deeper on the app, i find that whilst it claimed it was paid on the first screen, if i looked at the bill detail it was clear it wasn't paid.  So now i have to call again to set up the direct debit for the BB (why i couldn't be on the same one as the phones, i don't know.. )

Then the real shocker..  I go to sort out my money after a weekend away and i find that BT have now taken the £1000 from my account leaving me perilously close to being over drawn and having overdraft fees, lost out on interest on the £1000 for 6 days and have to spend another hour on the phone to try and resolve.  Not that anyone is likely to reimburse me for my lost time or lost interest.

So i would just give you a word of warning.  Ask the detail about the offers, double check everything is as you expect and write down everything including the date and times of all calls.  Even with having to pay extra for the antivirus, the deal is still a good deal, i just wish i hadn't have had to go through the disaster to get there.

Not quite the service that EE claims when you ring 150!

0 REPLIES 0