cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move from EE Bright Box router to EE Smart Router.

scooby73466
Contributor
Contributor

I have agreed a deal with EE to change to fibre broad band and today I received the EE Smart Router that will enable that to happen. I am currently using an EE Bright Box router and have made a copy of all the IP and MAC addresses that currently have access to the network. My question is : do I remove the BrightBox router and install the Smart Router immediately, even though the date of changeover has been set for 3 days hence or do I have to wait until the fibre broad band is actually up and runnibg before I change to the new router ?

I have read through the user guide and that part of the installation is not explained. Sincere thanks and appreciation for any help that be given. Regards - David.

20 REPLIES 20

Yes thank you, everything appears to be working as it should. I'm not sure if this community is affiliated with EE or is even part of the organisation but if it is then I could post some suggestions to make the installation of the Smart Router possibly easier. I expect that the younger generation would have everything up and running in a very short while but sometimes I am sure that members of the older population have, like me, struggled a little.

I would like to give a very simple example if I may. The very brief "Welcome" document that accompanies the router does show very helpful diagrams of cables, plugs, filter, etc. and where they all attach to the router body. But not once is the on/off switch mentioned or labelled. It is shown in the image of the rear of the router but it is not labelled and although it does have the normal on/off switch icon on the actual button it would have been helpful to have it itemised like the power socket, ports, etc. I actually missed it and when I got the wrong coloured light showing after powering up the router I referred back to the booklet and was just advised to try switching the device on and off. I assumed that this meant using the 13amp mains socket and switch because I had no knowledge of the bespoke on/off switch actually on the router itself which, in my case, was still in the off position. I know that the above was probably down to my stupidity (and old age ! ) but there are other instances, similar to that, which I think could be improved upon.