cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miss-sold EE broadband

JennyC1968
Visitor

As my BT Halo 3+ package was due to end in January I called BT on 18 December to find out about new package. I live in a very large, very old house. When we moved to fibre the fantastic BT engineer supplied us with 3 extender disks as this was the only way of getting coverage in every room. During my webchat with BT, I was sold EE Full Fibre Gigabit Full Works. Before I accepted the contract (via webchat) I repeatedly asked for confirmation I would be supplied with a router and 3 wi-fi disks. I was repeatedly told it would be like-for-like and as I currently have 3 disks, 3 EE discs would be provided. Package arrived on 21 December and only 1 disk included. I've called today an opened a complaint with EE regarding being miss-sold. Their solution: to send out one disk today. I'm not allowed to book an engineer appointment until the disk is received. Unlike the BT engineer, the EE engineer won't be able to provide a third disk. If the EE engineer can't provide wifi in every room we will need to order a third disk and another visit. This will drag on! I can cancel under distance selling regulations by 4 January (14 days after equipment was received) - this is per the terms and conditions at the bottom of the email EE sent - despite EE telling me on the phone today  is it 14 days since activation. Any advice from anyone? I've had such brilliant service for years from BT and never been tempted to leave - but the service from EE has been awful. If I cancel today can I go back to BT? Anyone else had this issue? Luckily we still have the old BT equipment which works fine - but we are supposed to send this back. 

3 REPLIES 3
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JennyC1968 Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry you feel that way. You can get up to 3 discs with your new EE package. These are normally sent one at a time, this is the same policy that is normally followed for BT customers too. 

We have found that customers may not need as many discs as before as they use upgraded hardware and wifi technology resulting in better coverage, we'll be happy to take a look at this and get you another disc sorted if another one is required. I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with your details.

Thanks

Neil

SueN3
Visitor

I have an almost identical problem except I upgraded to EE FullFibre from BT via an EE shop having been told all BT customers were being moved to EE Fullfibre.   Like you, I explained I need WiFi disc extenders in parts of my home and I was assured the BT discs were compatible and I could keep them to use.  

To my amazement, after taking 3 months to install fibre (4 attempts), I was told this morning I have the “basics” package and so cannot use the discs.  The package is more expensive than I was paying for Halo 3 and I was told I was getting like for like but with faster speeds.

I have now received an email to advise I need to return the BT hub and discs or be charged!

Calling 150 today, they are unable to help because I have taken the contract out via an EE shop.  The advice given is to go back to the shop, cancel my contract (still in cooling off period as fibre only installed a few days ago) and see if they can give me a better contract.  Really?  That isn’t what  I consider good  customer service

@SueN3 : 

1. If the BT discs are the black BT Complete WiFi discs they are not compatible with the EE SH+. Only the white "high st" Whole Home disks were.
  2. You have no statutory cooling-off period from the time of installation as you ordered instore. It only applies to online & phone orders.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)