cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag and intermittent speed isdue

Adam1968
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I've had intermittent speeds and bad lag gaming since I joined ee from bt. 6 months of nightmare. I had extenders sent but I should fought harder six months ago but in last couple weeks I had enough started demanding it be fixed.

We got an ee qube engineer out who plugged into master socket found pings over 300 packet loss etc so he said needs openreach engineer. We had two engineers from broadband side who find no fault blaming ee network. I'm waiting on more help as am sick of this problem. Can you tell me what can be done to fix this as qube engineer gets problem I do when I game or checks speeds which go up and down from 72 Meg down to 5 Meg up and down all over place and impossible to game online. 

26 REPLIES 26
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Adam1968 

Welcome to the community.

We have a few broadband experts here in the community who may be along with some suggestions soon. My only other advice is to continue to speak with our technical support team so they can look into this further for you.
Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

You would be getting the same connection from EE as you would have been from BT if changed your BB like-for-like.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.
  • For other routers: login to it according to the label on it as the admin user & navigate looking for its router/connection statistics.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Adam1968
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Keep talking to tech side my fault going no where.

EE Cube engineer came over week ago plugged his laptop into the master socket eliminating any problem my side. He found packet loss and pings over 380. He said there is oviously a big problem and needed an openreach engineer.

Two engineers came out plugged there devices into socket says sync at 80 Meg and no fault.

Cube laptop was seeing what I was getting as I played online games I was experiencing lag issues in game so I'm glad the cube engineer back up my problem by seeing packet loss and high pings.

Now tell me why the cube engineers laptop tests show this side that I have fault but openreach broadband testers using a different device see no fault. Yes they she it sync at 80 Meg but if there packet loss and high ping doesn't matter what he sees it's no use for a gamer. Times it shows sync at 80, but drops to Meg or 25 50 upwards and can change but sync at 80,. I feel the ee help desk no idea what to do next. The openreach side say line fine and if there is packet and high pings it's EE network that's at fault. My fault not being fixed at moment waiting on another team as had three engineers got four days but not called I'm sick of phoneing. My fault not bring dealt with

Sorry for typos this stupid predictive changes letters

@Adam1968   never mind the typos, rather than repeat your first post, could you provide the info requested by @XRaySpeX  ?

router screenie first then bt Broadband Availability Checker

www.thinkbroadband.com result  https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1680109430406580555

can vary as ihave done bt wholesale during day and been down as little as 5 15 40 andupto74. when did speed tests as a bt customer  with bt i was always consistent 80 82 it never dropped speeds once during test been consistently variable with ee since i joined 6months and my 2 children are gamers to and moan consistently why did i leave bt because they say ee always been terrible .is this a coincidence or what ?  can u explain why cube engineer results show packet loss and pings upto 380 saying speed drops during test but openreach bb engineer different test he happy and blames ee network

router screenie.pngbtsite.png

Looks like your broadband is doing OK at first glance, to find out more about your issues more info needed.

The cube guy is unlikley to have much of a clue on the application/game you are having issues with, so his easy answer is to agree you have lag. Openreach will test your broadband which, apart from a drop 2 days ago look ok.

So, in more detail what issues are you having? How do you get lag, what are you connecting from and to?

Where is the app/game based?

What are you using to test with and where do you get your figures from?

i followed XRaySpeX to get those results why was hesitant in ON SPEED tests as people think look s ok when its not.

are you presuming the engineer just turning up and agreeing with me so he not doing his job and is clueless? i just know all three of us on different top end gaming pcs find games very laggy at times and at other times speeds go way down when test bt always consistent didn't even drop by 1 . I never knew  i had packet loss the cube engineer told me that with his results he showed me his pings over 380 said should be under 60  i just know i hate ee network . i am an online gamer of 24 yrs and can build my own systems . guys at ee never heard of your profile being remapped which bt do remotely .i only know since i left bt i have problems . i had bad issues with sky bb once in past and left them too , no idea what bt does that everyone else is not . but im paying for a terrible service . 

@Adam1968   I am not presuming anything, just looking for information or evidence of the issues you are experiencing. 

This forum  is not Customer Services, no one on here has access to your account, nor can see what has been reported by engineers or the Broadband care team.

If you don't want to share details there is not a lot we can do..

I am not a gamer, but am aware some ISP's do have gamer profiles, but I would have thought you would be more aware of who offers them than I do.