Installation

familygrist2024
Explorer

I have a question on installation of my broadband. I'm currently Virgin customer, and when teh Virgin cable was originally installed, virgin laid a conduit tube under my driveway/garden from the road that goes under my front door and straight into a cupboard under my stairs (where broadband lives). I am assuming the EE engineer will be able to use this same conduit as I do not want cables running through my hallway... Can anyone confirm BT/EE will be able to do this? 

6 REPLIES 6
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

They will install it where you want it. They won't use the virgin media cables as tht is not part of their network

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Thanks Brendon - specifically I need to know will they be able to use the same conduit as I think its the only way of getting cables in under the house without drilling holes and having cables running through my hallway!    

That is something you will need to talk to the installer about.

Give EE a call and discuss this before ordering.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I think I'll speak directly to them. We still have two week cooling off cancellation. thx again 

If you've ordered Full Fibre (FTTP) there'll be a box fixed to the outside wall & a box fixed to the inside wall (the ONT) & a hole drilled thro' the wall between them.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@familygrist2024   Openreach have a handy guide for what to expect when they install fibre.  There are limits where the fibre modem (ONT) can be installed, but if you use a good quality LAN cable ideally CAT5e/6 or better, you can have the router in a more convenient position.

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/full-fibre-broadband-installation-checklist