Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assigna Static IP Address

MattHugo81
Investigator
Investigator

Hi.

I've recently got EE Full Fibre 900 to the property. When I was discussing this option with staff at EE, over the phone (names and email addresses obtained) I was told, with confidence, that I could get a static IP address which is important for work purposes. I was going to go with BT to obtain this, but was messed around that much I decided to go with EE, especially seeing I was told that one static IP address could be obtained.

I'm looking for further information on how to implement this as the IP address has already changed twice and this is just not acceptable after being told, when purchasing the subscription and service, that a static IP address is attainable.

M Hugo.

4 REPLIES 4
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MattHugo81,

Sorry, both EE and BT home broadband services use dynamic, rather than static IP addresses.

James

So, why was I given false advertising by EE and your colleagues then?

I wish to speak to someone about this, otherwise, I will be cancelling my services. I spoke directly to a technical engineer, who even left me on hold to check with 'his boss' to make sure that a static IP address could be assigned, to which I was told it could. I have the name and email address of this individual. The primary reason why I said I would pay for the EE broadband service.

M.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MattHugo81,

I'm sorry to hear you were given incorrect information when making your purchase.

Please get in touch with Customer Care if you'd like to discuss this.

Thanks

James

Trouble is that the non-BB-expert that you speak to on CS don't know the diff between a static public external IP you get on the WAN from a fixed private internal IP that you can set on the LAN & mis-interpret a request for a static IP as the latter.

You might get over this issue by employing a Dynamic DNS (DDNS).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)