cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up the 1571 voicemail facility on my home landline?

AG53
Visitor

I'm going to be away part of the year, letting my house as holiday let. I will take my landline phone out, but want to be able to check messages when I return. How do I set this up? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It should already set up. Just dial 1571 & see if it greets you. If it doesn't, you'll need to call CS.

1571 msgs are kept for up to 6 months until you listen to them & 30 days there after. By setting up a PIN you can listen to them while you are away from another phone.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

EE's basic voicemail is of the basic variety, and offers no such fancy options. So no remote option, or pin setup, or change the greeting. You would need to check locally at least every 30 days.

The topic has been raised before, and is very basic compared to the paid for version from BT. Call CS may reveal a more expensive option, but I have not come across it.