cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing yellow light and no Broadband

Lg1985
Explorer

My router has been flashing yellow now since yesterday, I’ve tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, also tried resetting it! When I’ve connected an old BT hub up , it works and I have internet  it’s just the wifi key is wrong! So I’ve paid for 24 hours on BT to post this as my phone signal is too weak to call EE

Do you think the EE hub is broken?

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Lg1985 

Have you recently transferred over from BT to EE? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Nope! Been with EE since February last year 

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Lg1985   you say your BT Router works, are you sure it is the WiFi key that you need, that is normally printed on a card that slips on the back of the router, and may also be printed on the router.

Without more details of what your EE roter is doing, it is hard to say what your issue is. But is your phone line working - assuming you have one?

Have you not yet called the Broadband Care Team?

See details here https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/technical-support/broadband-landline 

CONTACT EE

Contact us about your broadband and landline

Broadband - text EE for a call back

Text HELP to 66033 (charge may apply at your standard rate)

•  We’ll run tests on your connection to find out what’s going on.
  •  If you need an engineer, we’ll text you in 15 mins to book a slot.
  •  If you don’t need an engineer, our brilliant UK and Ireland based team will call you within 30 mins to help solve your issue.

Monday to Friday 8am - 9pm

Saturday and Sunday 8am - 8pm

Landline - text EE for a call back

Text PHONE to 66033 (charge may apply at your standard rate)

•  We’ll run tests on your connection to find out what’s going on.
  •  If you need an engineer, we’ll text you in 15 mins to book a slot.
  •  If you don’t need an engineer, our brilliant UK and Ireland based team will call you within 30 mins to help solve your issue.

Monday to Friday 8am - 9pm

Saturday and Sunday 8am - 8pm

Phone

All our brilliant teams are based in the UK or Ireland.

Calling from EE mobile              150

Free to pay monthly
25p per call on pay as you go

Calling from a landline or another provider            
0330 123 1105

Yeah the wifi key on the back of the old BTHub wasn’t working but I’ve just factory reset it and now the key works!

So my broadband is definitely working, it’s just the EE hub I have wasn’t connecting and just constantly flashing yellow so that must mean the EE hub isn’t working? 

I don’t have a phone line 

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Lg1985  thats good you have the BT router working.

However unless you changed it, it will not have your EE credentials so still worth reporting the fault.

It could well be the EE router, or an issue with the EE server, but they should send you a new router.

Yeah I’ll have to give them a call but it won’t be from home as my phone signal here is shockingly poor