cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre only line slammed now order stuck

Scouser
Investigator
Investigator

My line was slammed on June 2nd 23 I knew nothing about this until I phoned that morning because my fibre was down after 20 plus hrs phoning to try and get this sorted the problem now being the order is stuck with BT wholesale it only took just under a month but am now getting updated on the situation quite regularly phoned ofcom and put a complaint in they weren't a great help getting unlimited data from EE on my phones for hotspots but just wondering is there a way of contacting  BT wholesale to try and get this sorted as they only seem to deal with businesses and not residential home lines

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You have no contract with any part of BT. Your point of contact over your BB is always EE.

Did you not receive a msg from EE that someone was trying to take over line & giving you the opportunity to refuse it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

No mate didn't receive nothing the first I knew about it was the 2nd June 23 never even heard of a line getting slammed till then its just frustrating the length of time its taking so far and still not close to a resolution as the order is stuck with BT wholesale on thier system so it just feels EE has thier hands tied with this to

@Scouser , I would suggest speaking to customer service again to see what is going on, and just to let you know, they will compensate you for not having broadband, as this obviously is not your fault, explain again to them, that you never agreed to your line being taken over, never had any knowledge etc. Unfortunately nothing we can do here and as @XRaySpeX  has written,  it is EE you have to speak to, not BT, they are still two companies.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thank you mate customer service pho ing me back on Tuesday with an update as there is a backlog of tickets the case was reviewed on the 30th June with the result being the order is still stuck in BT Wholesale systems that's why I was wondering if there was maybe something else I could've done to try and get things moving a bit quicker I do appreciate that EE customer service or doing all they can but this just seems to be taken forever to sort but thanks again for the replies 

@Scouser , thank you for the update, hope you get it sorted soon and that customer service ring you back on Tuesday, please keep us updated and let us know when you get it sorted. I suppose it is just a waiting game and make sure you get the compensation you deserve.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.