cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ee didnt cancel old provider

Johnb1985
Visitor

Hello. I switched to ee broadband last year from sky. Had the open reach team come and put fibre to the house and set it up. I have this morning noticed that sky are still charging me for broadband, I'm sure ee told me they would do this. Where do I stand. I am yet to contact either provider.  

2 REPLIES 2
Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

As you changed from ADSL/VDSL through the master socket with Sky and to full fibre with EE that is not classed as a working line takeover so you have to notify Sky yourself.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's the Ofcom - Switching broadband provider rule in this case:

Switching between networks

If you're switching to, or from, a fibre-to-the-premise or ‘full-fibre’ service or a provider that doesn’t use the Openreach network – such as Virgin Media’s cable service – you will need to stop your service with your current provider and start a new service with a new provider. You should contact both providers.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)