cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edgerouter Lite on Full Fibre 900

Deicist
Explorer

Hello all, got my new service installed today and looking to use it with my existing Ubiquiti Edgerouter lite.  It supports PPoE so I should be good to go..... however the router requires a password to setup a PPoE connection. 

In my EE router the username is the generic 'bthomehub@btbroadband.com' and no sign of any password, so I used 'BT' as advised on the help pages.....however I can't connect.

It's possible I need to do further config in my router, which is fair enough...trying to add a new connection without destroying the existing config is tricky.....but I wanted to check that username and password should work, as I've seen lots of posts on this forum stating you need to extract your password form the username present in the EE supplied hub.

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Deicist   the posts re EE router username you have spotted are for the older EE service. However any of the newer provisioned services have used the generic 'bthomehub@btbroadband.com'.

Which service did you use your edge router on before this? There may be some other setting it requires that EE does not.

@Mustrum wrote:

However any of the newer provisioned services have used the generic 'bthomehub@btbroadband.com'.

So may any of the older EE BB services.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It was connected to a Virgin Router, so a double NAT sort of setup not a PPoE connection.  If the generic username is correct, and the password 'BT' is correct then the only other PPoE setting is MTU which I've stuck at 1479 (highest it would let me).  It's entirely possible I'll have to wipe the config and start again.... there probably is a way to just add a second connection (I still currently have my Virgin service) but it requires more knowledge of configuring these routers than I have!