cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE made me keep my BT smart hub

GoldfishBowl
Investigator
Investigator

Hi - I have just moved over to EE from BT on the Fiber 67 plan. If you look at what's included in the package then the EE Smart Hub is listed, however EE have made me keep my BT Smart Hub. Any reason why this is the case?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The EE SH is based on the BT SH & so won't be much diff.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@GoldfishBowl   out of interest have you taken out a new 2 year contract, or is it just an admin change?

Hi Mustrum, yes a new 2 year contract. Moved from BT

Hey @GoldfishBowl   I guess on the positive side at least you do not have to change all your WIFI connected devices. 

But, if it were me I would ask Customer Services if the router went faulty in that 2 year period would they give you a new one for free! If the answer was no, then I would be asking for a new one now - just in case - but carry on using the BT one - save than WiFi change hassle.

Hi Mustrum

Last time I needed to speak with someone I had to go to through the 'if you're thinking of leaving us' route, so I'm not sure how you would speak with someone in Customer Services (all thoughts welcome on this). I am a bit miffed with this as getting a new router which is toted as providing better Wi-Fi connections was part of the reason I moved across.

@GoldfishBowl  just had a look and it seems you should have got the new Smart Hub Plus. 

As long as your WiFi devices can cope with not being able to split WiFi bands you may get some advantages.

As for contacting CS, just give the a call 800 079 8586 option 3 has always worked for me.

Nice one, thank you