cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE broadband drops out

Profile closed
Not applicable

I've been having an issue with my broadband dropping out ever so often the light on the hub changes to an orange colour however the hub rights itself after a while but these drop outs are a little frustrating as I have a ring doorbell and have to reconnect it after the broadband drops connection and it doesn't help if it drops while your watching something or listening to something I'm not technically minded but I don't think it should drop connect like it does.

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed : Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

My Ring Doorbell auto re-connects whenever the router discons.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2.  What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Just ring your doorbell and it should reconnect if it has not done it automatically.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.