cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Smart Router Manager remove devices

botty_1963
Visitor

When I look at the wireless I have quite a number of unknown devices showing green, so connected and therefore I cannot remove them. Is there any way of removing them as I have no idea whether they are genuine connections or not, and I don't really want to have to change the password as I will have lots of known devices to reconnect.

I have also noticed that my Pixel 6 phone is showing there as four connections, but I have had it powered off for the last hour to test.

24 REPLIES 24

@Laudux : Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Brian121
Investigator
Investigator

I have a number of devices that are shown as green and therefore connected, but actually haven't been for days.  But the hub still thinks they are so I cannot delete them. 

I'm on the router settings exactly as mentioned above but I still can not see a remove option to remove the device. Once you have all the devices listed, how do you remove it? I have tried selecting the wireless network I no longer want, it takes me to CHANGE YOUR DEVICE SETTINGS but still no option to remove / delete. It is certainly not obvious, please explain how exactly I remove the unwanted wifi item.

prob1969
Investigator
Investigator

I have sorted it. Logged into the router directly gives me no option to remove. You have to use the EE app on the phone and NOT the router directly as mentioned. It's obviously changed.

@prob1969 : This thread is talking about the white EE Smart Router. That's not what you got. You have the EE Smart Hub Plus. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)