cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Smart Hub Plus (SH31B) - Bridge Mode

daNutzz
Explorer

Hi,

After 6 months of fine service, Im having issues and have identified that there looks to be an issue with my ONT in responding to PPPoED requests as im frequently being dropped form the internet. As im using my own router, EE support will only look at the issue if i use their hub, which i cannot unless its in bridge or non NAT mode due to the nature on my internal network.

Does anyone know how to do this on the EE router as its extremely limited from what i can see in the Admin menu.

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It doesn't have 1. You could try disabling the DHCP & maybe it'll just pass thro' but I dunno how it'll work.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@daNutzz  there would be no point event if you could put the EE router in bridge mode - the PPOE would still be controlled by your router.

Which router are you using and what service do you have and what issues?

Hi,

I have a UDM-SE that ive been using since i moved to EE last November with their 1.6 Gbps service. 

The issue im having is that the service randomly drops and i have to disconnect and reconnect the WAN cable between the UDM-SE and the ONT. Ive wiresharked my WAN port when this happens and can see the ONT isn't responding to PPPoED requests that the UDM-SE is sending.. as soon as i do the above with the cable the ONT starts responding to those requests and internet connectivity is restored..

Ive raised this with EE and basically been told they cannot help unless im using their equipment. Thus i want to put their router in front of my UDM-SE as i cannot my complex internal network off their equipment and i need them to fix this issue.