cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Hub making noise

Pottermon
Visitor

This is the second hub from EE now that after a few weeks starts making a fizzling/hissing noise. It sound like an electricity current noise. The first hub was replaced by EE a few weeks ago but now this one has started making the same noise. Is this normal? Or have I had two dodgy hubs? Has anyone else had this happen to their hub and any answer as to why it was happening.

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Pottermon   you are not the first to notice similar issues, but is it causing any issues?

Modern electronics in routers or the power supplies  can make noises some people can hear, others not notice. Placing an obstacle in front of the router can help, just try and make sure you choose something that does not block WiFi as well.

Changing WiFi settings may also help, depending on your router.

Daniel-S
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pottermon,

We would need to look into this to see what's causing the noise. It's strange that you've had 2 separate devices. We'd need to work out why that's happening to you. There's a process that we need to follow to make sure that this goes through to the right team who would test the equipment and replace it also.

I'll send you a private message where you can reply back to my team, as Guides for EE, for help. 

Thank you

Daniel-S