cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Full Fibre blocking all VPNS

NoName113
Investigator
Investigator

I wish i never switched ISP because my contract was nearly up, you can't use any personal expensive VPNS with EE outright disconnecting you and blocking connection to your device, when i called EE technical support i explained am having issues connecting they mentioned "are you using a VPN" i didn't want to say anything at first figured they don't support VPNs due to mass censorship.  I guess this issue is common for customers, the technical support said "we can't comment if we support VPNs"  which suggest they block any type of VPN from Nord to Cyberghost .  The woman was understanding it is to protect your privacy etc, i felt a sense of discrimination  like  your using a VPN because of suspicious activity from EE. I use it for IP protection even when playing  video games on the PC, the amount of attacks and IP leaks occur is crazy  from connecting to mulitplayer servers.  

I urge anyone to avoid signing up to EE if someone told me they block all VPNs i would have known, rip privacy. 

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@NoName113  EE do not block VPNs at all.  And just to prove that I’ve just posted this via a VPN connected to EE broadband 

IMG_2022.jpeg

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@NoName113  EE do not block VPN’s, there must be another issue with your connection/setup. If EE. we’re doing that you would see thousands of complaints.

As with all applications or your own equipment EE will not have the support skills to help you.

Have you setup parental controls or other similar things that would restrict your access?

Crj1981
Investigator
Investigator

Which Hub are you using?

I use Norton VPN without issue and my work laptop connects to corporate VPN without any issues. 

I’ve just installed the new EE hub and noticed there was a setting in there for uncommon VPNs which shows they do support them

EE 500 FFTP • EE Smart Hub Plus

The the smart hub full fibre, all my top VPNs get blocked after connecting then the internet stops connecting. It also sometimes disrupts all other devices. 

Am talking about the full fibre hub 

There are no restrictions its a fresh out of the box modem and no parental control enabled, I keep reading its either IPV4 or EE is actively blocking it, when enabled via vpn, after that it won't connect to the internet when connects and then disconnects. And the EE worker admitted they don't support VPNs  unless its business or ask the "provider". 

Crj1981
Investigator
Investigator

There must be an issue with your individual set up mate. Won’t be an EE thing or anyone with a corporate VPN trying to work from home wouldn’t be able to. I’ve used several VPNs recently before settling with Norton (included with my anti-virus subscription) never had any issues.

Crj1981
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve got the Smart Hub Plus. In the advanced setting tab I have a VPN tab which allows you to set up port clamping. Not sure how it works but may be worth a google for your VPN service?

JaydonOneal
Investigator
Investigator

If you're having trouble connecting via VPN, you may want to contact your ISP for more information about VPN policies and possible solutions. Your provider may be able to provide you with alternative methods to secure your connection without using a VPN.