Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE App is not fair or accessible

liamgc1993
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

SIM only mobile contract and Full Fibre broadband customer here.

The EE App does not work on my mobile because I use an alternative OS that lacks Google play services. I understand there are some features and services that are ONLY accessible via the app.

How is this an acceptable way to run things? Some people do not have smartphones, some people do not use a standard smartphone OS. The very least EE could do is make everything available via a mixture of the website and router firmware.

My smartphone uses the Android 13 based LineageOS, my EE sim card is in the phone, and I was able to install the apk via the Aurora appstore. But because EE wishes to use google-based trackers which my phone lacks, the app simply refuses to load anything further than the logo screen.

EE already has my details and monthly money from me, and I have a phone with an OS based on Android 13.

How dare EE lock me out of full access to your services and features just because I can't give you extra tracking info.

Additionally, what about your customers who do not have a smart phone, or who simply would prefer not to have an extra app on theirs?

---------------
I use:
* EE Mobile (2021 - present)
* EE Full Fibre 500 with Smart Hub Plus (2024 - present)
* Digital Home Phone service with two corded handsets via router and BT Digital Voice WPS/DECT adapter (2024 - present)
1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@liamgc1993 : Yes, some features of the SH+ router for Full Fibre BB are only accessible thro' the Manage WiFi Controls of the EE app.

I agree it is deplorable that EE effectively prohibits these features from users with no mobile at all or a non-smartphone or, like you, an incompatible OS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)