cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE App Smart Wifi - cant connect

GMellon
Investigator
Investigator

EE app installed.  Router already setup and working. Phone connected to router wifi, no problem. I'm in the EE app, middle option Smart WiFi. I click router is already set up. I click enter details manually. I click I'm connected now (as I'm already connected in settings). Message dislays 'It wasn't possible to connect to the network. Please try again.' 

Does anyone know how to resolve this please?

8 REPLIES 8
qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Multiple sources were told by agents including me that an official fix is due to be rolled out on 25th let’s hope this works otherwise there will be violence 😹

Lets hope so, thank you.

Do you know if a fix was successfully rolled out on 25th?

qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Nope nothing as far as I can tell. Someone somewhere mentioned they called and were told it’s moved to 31st I don’t believe anything EE is saying anymore.

I think they are just telling lies to get us off the phone. The crazy thing is they can get away with this awful system. Ombudsman have sided with them so the only thing we can do is leave in contract. Such a shame. 

David-M
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GMellon @Leon380 and @qucharsky and thanks for posting.

When you spoke to the customer service guys did they raise a case / complaint about this?

Cheers

David

Yes complaint raised at the beginning of January and still ongoing. They hope to fix the problem soon is what I keep being told. 

qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi, yes I also did and they do occasionally call me but with no update really. Can you answer our question if you’re aware of the fix we were told about - multiple people were told 25th of March. I heard one person called and was told 31st now. Me personally I was given an option to leave contract anytime I want penalty free so I am not that bothered but due to the scale of the issue it would be good if EE opened a thread with this issue and post updates regularly so we don’t have to chase this. Me since November and multiple others since then…