cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to give notice of leaving EE Broadband?

Ian06
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

My 2 year contract with EE Broadband comes to an end at the end of June...  I intend to leave and move to another provider.

I'll contact the new provider to arrange switching the connection to them, but do I also need to give notice to EE or will they charge me extra at the end of my contract as an early termination fee....  the new provider will switch the connection in about 10 days, but I think I am supposed to give EE a months notice.

Anyone know how this works?

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Who is the new ISP & what BB types are you switching between?

To cancel your EE BB & Home Phone either:

• If you no longer want any BB at your location, you phone EE on the Freephone no. (Opt 2) in my sig. and give 14 days notice OR
  • If you want to migrate your BB to another ISP other than VM & if you're not changing to or from FTTP, you apply to them directly & they'll take care of everything bar your final EE bill.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Ian06
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'll be switching FTTP from EE to another FTTP provider on the Openreach network - looking at SKY, Now, Plusnet will decide closer to the end of June when I see what offers might be available....

If my contract with EE ends on 30th June and I arrange with say SKY on the 15th June to move my connection on the 30th June will I get changes from EE for not giving 30 days notice?  Do I have to give notice to EE to avoid any "extra" charges for lack of notice?

Thanks,

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

As you're moving from FTTP to FTTP you don't need to cancel with EE.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
JimM11
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@Ian06 I just moved from SKY to EE due to there over inflated 18% increase in April, they just could not see it and i had been with them for nearly 20 years, they gave me the choice of take it or leave, so took the second option. Just heads up for you.