cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to wrong WiFi.

Bazzamer
Explorer

Hi, I have a problem. My old XP laptop WIFI keeps trying to connect to EE only two bars, but my ISP is Virginmedia, I have tried all sorts but can’t stop it, it has connected twice with no password etc, but can’t seem to change it to Virgin.

Could this be linked to my mobile as that’s on EE and I have been having trouble getting onto the internet through my mobile, the only strange thing is I have other computers but they are fine. It won’t even connect with Ethernet cable.

Would appreciate it if anyone has any ideas of what the problem could be, and how can I stop it, could it be hot spots linked to the mobile, as when at home the mobile links to WiFi for calls.

Any help appreciated

Best Regards Bazzamer

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @Bazzamer 

Have you tried forgetting the EE network on your laptop? On your EE mobile phone, is the 'personal hotspot' switched on with a password?

Chris

Hi Christopher, Many thanks for the reply, I had WiFi switched on, and hot spot, have switched them both off, it now comes up as EE, but there is nothing to say forget that network. My said comes up, but when I click on that or any others, it says the signal is low or network files may have been moved. It says this on any network I try to connect to with the same message. I think some time ago you could click on forget this network on the laptop. I will have a look at personal network on the phone, but at present I can’t get the internet on my phone, so can’t even look at website for my bill. 
Even with things off it is still coming up with EE, maybe I need to reboot my rooter, I went into EE shop a while ago and they were supposed to sort internet out, sounds like they never did it correctly. 
The box comes saying if you want to connect to this network hit connect, but never comes up with input password, ti connect to any network. I will reboot rooter and see if that helps.

Many Thanks

Bazzamer

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks @Bazzamer 

Please keep us updated with what happens.

Chris