cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from BT Homehub

Hassall
Visitor

Hi,

Just changed from BT full fibre to EE full fibre as the deal was better.

I've been sent a new EE router but haven't plugged it in yet as my BT Homehub is still working even after the supplier change (acknowledging it's still really the same supplier), therefore do I actually need to swap them over?

If there is no reason to change them I won't both and save the hassle of updating the wifi details on numerous devices.

Thanks

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You may continue using the BT router. In fact you may use any router on Full Fibre. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Hassall   EE recently change router settings to be the same as BT Retail which is why the BT Router is still working.

In certain cases BT Retail want the old routers back, but if this not the case you can carry on using it.

To make the migration easier on the EE Router is you do have to use it, you could always log into it and change the SSID (Wi-Fi name) and password to be the same as your BT one - it will however revert back if you factory reset the router.

EE recently publicised that it had changed its router settings to be the same as BT's but in fact it had been like that for at least 2 years. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)