cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled broadband - return router?

8024359dfhkgfdh
Visitor

Hello.

I'm currently with EE Broadband and switching providers in the next few weeks.

Do I have to return my EE router? Will I be charged if I don't?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, it is yours to do what you like with. You could send it back to EE for recycling in the return bag that came with it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I have a EE router with the extender disk and a 4g WiFi little box do I have to send it all back or be charged? I’m going from Ee to bt but got sent out another EE router but my old router still works with the bt WiFi so I want to keep the old router 

1.5 years ago I was referring to legacy routers. Now the EE SH+ & associated kit are the property of EE & must be returned when you leave EE.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

To follow on from XRaySpeX post above, the charges can be found here for EE and BT equipment.

If your equipment isn't returned
All equipment is provided on a loan basis and must be returned when no longer required otherwise you are liable to the non-return charges listed in the table. We will let you know whenever you need to return equipment.​​

The charges are not applied to any BT equipment supplied before 13th December 2019 or EE equipment supplied prior to April 2023.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
Sandiemay
Contributor
Contributor

want to cancel my contract with broadband stay with virgin media 

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Sandiemay As this is a customer Forum site, no one will know about your request. I would advise you to call EE customer service direct, have all your details available and with the CS advisor cancel your broadband switch. As you are with virgin media and as long as you have not contacted them regarding any switch then there is nothing for you to do with them.

BUT if you have spoken to virgin media about cancelling them, then that has to be your second call to re-instate your service.

Hope this answers you question.