cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of Broadband Contract

corntaff
Investigator
Investigator

Just joined EE/BT with fast fibre.  Assured that my landline number would be retained. It was not!  A neighbour had a similar problem  and has been waiting 4 weeks for rectification. After phoning 150 on the day of installation I was eventually  told that the original number  would be recovered within  a few days. "A manager has signed the order".  It has not happened. Two days ago I again contacted EE and was told the same.  This time an email followed telling me it could take approx 10 days.  My belief in the integrity of the organisation is now  low. I find that dealing with some staff on Customer Help is very weary.  Should ~I give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for the 10 days, before cancelling but that would take me outside the 14 day cooling off period ref the contract.  I guess that I have now lost my original number in any event.  

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@corntaff   you should not have lost your original number, but it will be provided as Digital Voice, so via the router rather than the telephone line.

Do you still get your broadband via the telephone line or are you connected via Full Fibre?

Who was your previous supplier?

corntaff
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your helpful response. The handset is connected to the telephone socket on the hub.  Previous supplier was Sky and I wished that I had stayed with them.  Either Openreach, or EE disconnected my old number and replaced it with a different one.  The phone will ring, using their new number. After a great deal of hassle with 150,  I have been assured that my old number can be retrieved.  Due to the variation in time scales, do I believe them, or are they delaying things so that I will be tied to a new 2 year contract.  My concern being that EE have made lots of promises, not yet fulfilled and will they indeed  be able to rectify the matter.  Or should I cancel the EE contract within the 14 days grace period and go back to Sky.    

@corntaff   thanks for the update. 

With the traditional analogue phone network being discontinued and phone services being provided as Digital it does mean tat transfers can go wrong more at the moment. No doubt it will improve. Had Sky already converted you to digital voice?

It is not helped with New EE services seemingly not supported by the original Broadband Care Team, so sometimes it may be that calls don't get to the right support team straight away. But if you do get the right people they should be able to sort it for you.

Good luck.

Thanks.  Sky had not converted me to digital voice, but I was assured by BT and EE that I could keep the same number.   It was change to full fibre, recently installed in the area. There are many complaints from my neighbours about the new service provided.  One of them is trying to collate all the complaints and put them up to Ofcom.  Not sure that I want to go there.  I think that you are absolutely correct with the comments in your second paragraph.  Thanks again.